Hednesford Neighbourhood Plan
Welcome to Hednesford’s Neighbourhood Plan – placing the future of Hednesford in your hands.
What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
A neighbourhood plan sets out a vision for development for years to come, bringing change where it’s needed and preservation where this is important. The neighbourhood plan gives you, as a resident of Hednesford, the chance to contribute towards shaping your community, giving local people a voice.
Statement from Cllr Brian Gamble
Chair Hednesford Town Council Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
Hednesford Town Council Chairman (Councillor Alan Pearson) delivering the Neighbourhood Plan to Cannock Chase Council
“Cannock Chase Council has advised that it has submitted the Hednesford Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents, along with all the representations received to the last consultation to the appointed Examiner and the Town Council will be updated on progress in due course. It is understood that generally Examiners reports can be expected within around 2 months. All the representations made to the last consultation can be viewed on the Cannock Chase Council website
The timescales after this stage become mandatory and quite tight i.e. five weeks (unless an extension is agreed) from when the Examiners report is received to make a decision on whether or not to accept any changes that may be suggested by the Examiner and proceed to referendum. There is then 56 days from the date of this decision to hold the referendum. Further information will be published when available.”
The current documents submitted can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
- The Basic Conditions Statement
- The January 2018 Neighbourhood Plan Submission Document
- The Strategic Environmental Assessment and Appendices
- Hednesford Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
- The Neighbourhood Plan Questionnaire
- The Questionnaire Responses and Results Graph
- Schedule summarising responses from Statutory Consultees and Landowners to the Draft Plan of Summer 2016
- Summary of Final Consultation Responses (including proposed changes to the Plan in response to comments from consultees)
- Hednesford Examiner Procedural Matters
A copy of the original draft Neighbourhood Plan can be viewed by clicking here.